Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It's all about MVC!

I was browsing the net reading stuff about Ruby on Rails and CakePHP trying to find out which of these API's, if any, best fited my needs.

I found this interesting article by Omar Abdel-Wahab comparing both and talking a bit about the architecture they implement, MVC(?).

I think that developing the application with this architecture in mind will very much ease all the coding and manteinance effort along with all the advantages issuing modularity. I haven't decided yet whether I'll be using any API's or not. I think I need more reading I guess.

I just forgot! You can now subscribe to this blog's feed(the sindication button does not appear in the Blogger default templates).

I'll keep posting all the fluff that comes to my head...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MVC is a good choice, but I think it's no "choice", unless you do all the code on your own. If you use _any_ web framework (CakePHP, Ruby on Rails, Java Server Faces, ...) you'll be using MVC.

Just keep in mind that if you code WORT "the way I've been teached" you'll be doing something like MVC, it's easy, it's quick, and you are used to it.

Next question:
What will _M_ be in WORT?

Anonymous said...

Este blog!!! q no me pone na nuevo!!! :D

Anonymous said...

por cierto, aprovecho este tu sitio, para anunciar mi vuelta al fantasy. He vendido parte de lo viejo y me pillare caos nuevo. pues eso